Edit Picht-Axenfeld Scholarship for Chamber Music Groups
Edit Picht-Axenfeld was a former professor and performer in this festival from 1981 until 1996.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
All members of the group are able to stay in Kusatsu from Aug. 18th -23rd or Aug. 24th -29th.
Chamber music including piano, i.e. quartet, quintet
Anyone who never received the scholarship from us can apply.
Choose music which is consistent with the theme of the year.
The winner of the scholarship will be exempt from having to pay their tuition for chamber music lessons and receive ¥100,000 per group.
- Fill out the application form for the masterclass, one sheet per person, and the record of past performance on a separate sheet.
- The video approximately 10 minutes. Send two videos of same content. DVD-video format which can be reproduced by DVD player is acceptable. Recordings in bad condition or with low volume will not be judged.
- The application form and the video of the applicants performing must be submitted by July 1st, 2019
Our music director and commissioners will review the application form and the video.
Kazuyuki Toyama Scholarship for Masterclass students
Kazuyuki Toyama was a former Music Director from 1990 until 2009 and one of the founders of this festival
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
Eligibility: Any applicants for entering masterclass who need financial support.
The winner of the scholarship will be exempt from having to pay their tuition for masterclass lessons and receive ¥200,000 yen per person.(¥100,000 for Clarinet Class)
- Please submit all necessary paperwork and information to the Academy Office.
Information for the application and the record of past performance.
letter of the reason for the application（400 words）
- The video approximately 10 minutes of the choice of your repertoire. Send three videos of same content. DVD-video format which can be reproduced by DVD player is acceptable. Recordings in bad condition or with low volume will not be judged.
- Letter of recommendation with reference (Please see the separate paper of ‘Recommendation letter instructions’)
- Three photos in 3cm×3cm size
- Copy of School ID and school certificate if you are a student. Otherwise an original copy of the recent residential registration paper.
- If you received any scholarship between April 2019 – March 2020, please let us know the information of the provider, duration and the amount. If you have any paper work shows about the scholarship, please send them to us.
- All necessary paperwork and the video of the applicants performing must be submitted by May 15th 2019
The guidelines for 2019 is coming soon.
Scholarships from Gunma Prefecture
Anyone who passed ‘Gunma new talent audition’ is applicable for the exemption of masterclass fee. Please contact ‘Gunmaken Kyoiku Bunka Jigyoudan’ for more details.